Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stuff - With Pictures!

This week our miracle was a girl who called us wanting to meet and learn about the church. She's from the US but while she was in Philippines for school she started meeting the missionaries, but stopped because she had issues with the BofM. When we met her she said that she had been praying for her heart to be opened to the BofM and she now felt she was ready to accept it and learn more! We're so excited for her! 
I think my faith has grown here and there, a little of everywhere this week, but one thing that I've been trying to focus on this transfer is rebuilding my testimony of Joseph Smith. Of course I believe that he's a prophet of God! But every time I teach the restoration the thought pops into my head, "that's a pretty big claim. Do you believe it?" And then I have to sit and think about it for a bit and say, Yes, I do believe it! But I want that belief to be stronger to the point where I don't have to ask if I believe it, because I know that I believe it. That's something that I'm progressively working on. One of my favorite experiences with that is when S Anderson and our investigator were roleplaying the restoration to me and at the end of the lesson they asked me to pray about whether Joseph Smith was a prophet. So I (the investigator) knelt down, prayed, and sincerely asked God if Joseph Smith was a prophet. As I prayed I felt the spirit strongly confirm to me that he was and is. I know that no matter how many times we ask Heavenly Father that if we're praying with sincerity He will answer us. :)
As for working with members, we've been encouraging members to invite friends to our dinner appointments. It's going great! Some invite other ward members, others invite less actives, and a few have invited non members. It's great!

We had a fun experience this week while we were on our way to teach a potential investigator. We were about to board a train when we heard "Hi sisters! SISTERS!" and saw a gaggle of BYU grad students getting off the opposite train! Turns out they were there for a study abroad and when they tried to buy us some dinner we asked them to help with our lesson instead. haha, They said yes! The four of them followed us to McDonalds where we stood outside and talked about who God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are and why we need them. 
I'm trying to think of what else I have pictures of....
Oh! I just think this is funny. We had our correlation with our ward mission leader this week at possibly the nicest place I've ever stepped foot into. ...Hence the weird pictures at the super fancy place. But that's not important... Have I ever mentioned how uncomfortable nice things make me feel?? I guess now is my time to get over that! Haha But again, not important.
I also added some pictures that I stole from sister Anderson's camera! If you look at it through the Photos tab on dropbox you can see them in the right context of time and place. :)
I love you lots! I'm excited to talk to my hecka awesome family this week! (Don't tell anyone I used slang! It's against the white handbook!)
Talk to you next week!

P.S. I'm really, really glad Ty and Imari have a bathroom now!
P.P.S I'm really glad Augie is happy again! 











Sis. A's pics from Zone Conference!

Sis. A's pics from Zone Conference!



"Gaggle" of Grad Students


Correlation Meeting






No comments:

Post a Comment