Monday, June 27, 2016

Training, Working Hard, & Miracles!

Training is great! It's a lot of fun and I think I've seen more miracles this week than I have my whole mission, probably because I've worked harder this week than I have my whole mission. We've met a lot of people who literally are only kept from the truth because they don't know where to find it, and when we tell them about it they know it! We also have had a lot of members follow through on the commitments we extended to them. One of the families we had committed to roleplay as a family brought it up at a dinner with them this last week! The mom said, "sooo, we've been roleplaying as a family, and it's kind of rough -but we're doing it! We kind of struggle with the part on dispensations though. The next time you come for dinner can you help us with it?" Haha, Whaaaaat?? That never happens! Then the next night aaaaaallll of our appointments for that night had fallen through. We were standing in a mall calling through our members looking for somone we could visit but NO ONE answered their phone! So we said a prayer and decided we'd call two more people and if they didn't answer we'd just go contacting. (not cool.) So we called one more. No answer. This whole time one family kept sticking out to me, but I didn't want to call them because I didn't really know what we could share with them and I didn't want to bother them, but it was to that point. SO I said "fine! I'll call them!" And guess what? they could meet! Right then! When we went over and started visiting with them and following up on the commitment we gave last time to share discover.mormon.org it came out that the husband had JUST gotten back from a trip where he had an absolutely incredible experience sharing the gospel! He gave one of his high up bosses the website, downloaded the BofM on his phone, and showed him where the nearest chappel was to his house. The boss spent the whole 6hr flight reading through the website and reading the BofM. Haha, It was amazing! To me it was a big show that there are members who are ready to step it up, what I do with members makes a difference, and there are soooo many people who are prepared to hear the gospel out there! Literally, so many miracles. It really strengthened my faith that when you work hard and thrust in that sickle with aaallll your might then God qualifies you. But it's not until you really go to work. Contrary to my popular belief, you're not qualified before you put in the effort. Haha, I'm learning! Actually, that was a big lesson I learned this week. 

Cameron and Taylor are still doing great! They're now going to mutual activies + Sunday classes without the missionaries. The whole ward is so involved in helping and fellowhshipping them. It's gotten everyone into the missionary spirit! The mission is going great! It's been a reeeeeally long week, but a good and productive one! And happy one! Thanks for all the missionary moments! I love them! You are awesome!

Last Pics with Sister "Andy"
Such good friends!

Singapore's "old" zone

New missionaries, aka "Greenies," to the mission with their trainers behind them!

Singapore's New Zone! (Greenies are in front.)

New Adventures await these two companions!

Already hard at work with an investigator!

I think they'll get along just fine ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment