Monday, January 25, 2016

Zone Conference in Singapore!

So this week was zone conference! We talked a lot about becoming "master teachers," which sounds a little presumptuous, but it was really about teaching as the Savior teaches. What I got out of zone conference was to teach with boldness and to be unapologetic in your faith and invitations for others to follow Christ. What I always like about zone conference is that it seems to be a time when I'm torn down and shown every little crack and crevice where I need to improve. Then I sit there for a bit, soaking up my own weaknesses and just when I'm about to say "what am I even doing??" I say a little prayer and at that moment have a flood of personal revelation that builds me back up, but this time with a foundation of the Lord and His Atonement instead of my own abilities (or lack thereof). 
Other than zone conference the last two weeks haven't been incredibly eventful. Our investigators haven't been able to meet for the last couple weeks so instead we've been finding less actives and contacting. A lot. Which has actually turned out really well! Talking to everyone has been a big (really, really big) focus in our mission almost since I got here. BUT it's been a really big struggle for me. I've always been a pretty inwardly drawn person who likes to keep to myself and avoid bothering others at all costs, and this goes against all of that! I've been praying for the desire and ability to talk to everyone, and this week it's become a reality. Whoo! With our current investigators not really responding it's made me think a lot if there's something more I could be doing to be worthy for God to trust me with people to teach; and the answer that always comes is to talk to everyone. One of the elders made a comment the other day that really stuck with me, actually two comments. One is that faith is walking out the door wanting to share the gospel, but works is actually talking to people and sharing the gospel with them Faith without works is dead, right? The other thought is that walking around with the knowledge of the gospel is kind of like walking around with a big bag of money. Then sitting there and keeping it to yourself. No! The gospel is so much more valuable than money and we need to be handing it out with the enthusiasm that's equal to it's worth. As we've been talking to everyone we've been meeting incredible people that God has no doubt put in our paths. And if we hadn't talked to them, then what? There would be so many missed opportunities for all of us. The promises in the scriptures are true; God shows us our weaknesses so that if we turn to Him our weaknesses can be made strong through Him; and sharing the gospel really does bring the greatest possible happiness. After all, this is our purpose, to love one another, and true love is shown as we help each other prepare to meet God. Man, the gospel is cool.
It looks like the ice caves were a blast! I'm sorry everyone is sick! This sickness is going around the world! Everyone here is sick too. Except me, I probably started it all. ;) I love you! Thanks for the excerpt from Ashley's email, dad! Mom, I got my package aaaaaand..... I opened everything. I really needed shirts so thank you so much! They're way cute. :) Also the Snickers. Haha, They've actually become my favorite candy since I've been out! Yum! And tell Nana thanks for the Almonds! She knows they're my favorite, especially because nuts are crazy expensive here!
I love you so much! Prayers will continue. :)

Tell Krissy not to pop but to wait another ten months for me. Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

NOT stealing a coconut leaf

Zone Conference with Sis. Lee, current companion

Sister MacKay and her MTC companion Sister Crandall!

Awesome Sisters!

By the way, these are all the amenities offered in the Singapore airport. Nicest airport in the world? I think so. This alone is a vacation spot!

Hmmmm...looks like a yummy crepe with different dipping 

Yummy!

Some epic roof ornaments!

Airport shenanigans 


masks for Chinese New Years?

Street Vendor

No comments:

Post a Comment