Monday, August 8, 2016

Masi boleh cakap bahasa! Sangat gembira sinilah! Tak mahu balik america.

(Loose translation of title: I can speak the language! I'm vera happy here! I do not want to go America.) ;)
It looks like the cabin was a ton of fun!
My week was also very fun. :D Very, very fun! So I"m in Kota Kinabalu (aka: KK). It's a mix of walking, busing, and biking, although we haven't biked yet. People can speak more English here than any of my other Malay areas, but it's still total Malay except for a handful of people. We have a handful of AWESOME investigators who are just ready to learn and serve. They're already part of the ward, really.
One of our investigators V. is so great. He wasn't committing to a date for baptism until this last week when he told us he didn't want to commit before because he wanted to make sure that all of his family from his village could come, but now they can come so he's all in! haha, He also brought his inactive fellowshipper to church this Sunday (it's been years!) with his less active son and the son's girlfriend who used to learn from missionaries and wants to learn, again! Everything is just kind of fitting together for the people we're meeting. ...Except for the people who don't want to meet. Sis. Cloward and I are really focusing on only getting the numbers of people who can set an appointment right when we meet them and who are really, really interested, instead of people who are "eh" interested. We're seeing a lot come from it already. Before in my mission we were setting goals to get 30-40 potential investigators a week, but they usually weren't people who were ready to recieve and act on the gospel. Now we're setting a goal for maybe 10 potentials who are really, truly, ready to learn. We've set a lot of great goals for what we want to see happen in this area this transfer and are so excited and ready for it. 
I am literally so happy to be here! KK is so beautiful. We live on top of a mall right next to the beach. The branch is awesome and I love them so much. Also, we're not allowed to talk about me going back to America any more. Because I'm not leaving. Haha, Catch me if you can!
Also, it's so cool here. Meaning not as hot. Yay for ocean breazes!
My first day here I went to my first ever Malaysian funeral. That was interesting. And sad. They made us go up and look at the casket. :( No one in our family is having open casket by the way. 
I realized on the plane ride over here that I haven't been in an area where people speak Malay for almost one year! Surprisingly, I'm still basically fluent and I'm actually better than when I left. Miracles happen. It's now easier to talk in Malay than English, haha.
I did get your letter by the way, and I love the pictures! I've already given a few away to people who really needed the reminders each individual picture caries.
Thanks for your missionary experience this week. It hope things work out and she find that peace in the temple. I know that's my heaven on earth. :)
I love you so much!

Pictures this week:

Sister Tuugavao, a Singapore roomie, extra photo from last week!

HARYY POTTER!!!!!!!!

Last photos with her awesome greenie Sister Roylance.

Amazing, traditional hat!

Last pic of these two beautiful companions

We love Sister Roylance! 

A few of my favorite members/investigators/people in general from Singapore!

A few of my favorite members/investigators/people in general from Singapore!

A few of my favorite members/investigators/people in general from Singapore!

                 On her way to Kota Kinabalu (KK)!


It looks like she grabbed a Starbucks steamer or hot chocolate at the Singapore Airport! -Comfort Food!

I was by myself all day when I traveled, and I was so lonely!


The view from our apartment

The view from our appartment

Our mall has some people doing tribal dances in it all the time. It's so cool! I have a video but... it's too big to send in Malaysia. I think this is....Dusun.... tribal clothes? Don't quote me on that.


Sister MacKay and tribal dancers!

The inside of our sketchy buses.

My planner: busy days!

Our church! And the set up for the lesson throw down. I always feel like I"m setting up an interrogation.


Our church!




The jungle selfie is when we were trying to find a member but ended up getting eaten alive by mosquitos instead.

The sketchiest toilet I've ever seen. Almost.
Sister MacKay's desk is on the left.

We have some pictures of KK. The part with the water is what I walk past every day to get to the bus.


We have some pictures of KK. The part with the water is what I walk past every day to get to the bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment