Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas in a Muslim World!

Yeah, so being happy! I don't know exactly what it is, but I know it's from God because only God can bring this kind of happiness. You're seminary kids are completely right though, it's a natural outcome of serving the Lord, looking outside yourself, and keeping an Eternal perspective. 
News! I have a new companion! We're in a trio!  Sister Amat is from east Malaysia and is serving here until she gets her US visa and can go to the Provo MTC; so she's staying with us for a couple weeks because the US embassy is in our area. :) She's the best! I love her a lot. So in a way, I'm kind of training!
So for Christmas day here all of the missionareis in KL area are going for lunner at a member's home, which is so nice of them! Christmas is weird here because it's a Muslim country and Muslims don't celebrate Christmas. And there are a lot of Bhudists....who also don't celebrate Christmas. But some of the malls have great Christmas decorations and shows! I might have accidentally uploaded a few pictures or videos from one of the shows we found. It makes for a really great contacting opportunities thought! We get to tell people where Christmas came from, why so many people celebrate it, and, basically, what's in it for them. Have you checked out the church's new website for Christmas? It's so good! I espcially like the animated video about why we need a Savior. 
This week we had a YSA Christmas party last night! We played games, and dressed up and did a nativity. I also got to eat ham. :) Bonus! 
We have an investigator getting baptized this week! Her name is Stephanie. She's really sweet and really strong in her testimony. Half the time she teaches us the lessons. :) We have some pictures with her from this week. Haha, there's also two pictures from when we sat ouside the embassy for 3 hours and napped while we waited for sister Amat in her interview. Good news, she passed!
There's a picture of all the Muslim men who wanted pictures with us.... and the video from when the music store man asked me to play the violin so he could record it and post it to FB. haha I know, it's a little rough, I haven't played for 6 months!
So my Patriarchal blessing is currently in Miri, and I don't think I'm getting it back any time soon. Or ever. Could you email me a copy or mail me a copy? Thanks!



Waiting outside the embassy for Sister Amat

Waiting outside the embassy for Sister Amat





Trio!


Rainy Season! Sisters Amat & Lee

Trio!



Stephanie's baptism 

Stephanie's Baptism





One of my favorite pictures!

The mall is all decked out for Christmas!

She found Santa!



Amazing Ring Christmas performance!




Companions! Amat, Lee, & MacKay :)

Christmas at the mall

Christmas at the mall






Companions at the mall on P-day (buying a violin!)


YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity

Angelic companions

YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity

YSA Christmas Activity


YSA Christmas Activity -Angels 
P-Day!

Sis. Amat

Does this fanny pack make me look fat?




MacKay & Lee

Transit rules

Amat chillin'

Subway Selfie

What do you do when the rest of the train is empty? Take a gazillion photos! lol



Zen

Did you take it, yet?



Missionaries definitely ned a rest!





Stephanie's Baptism

Stephanie's Baptism

Stephanie's Baptism

Getting ready to chow down!













No comments:

Post a Comment